Terms of service
Rules we follow, and rules for you to follow.
We will act respectfully, responsibly and honestly as we provide the Meetniq service to you and your organisation. We expect you to reciprocate.
What you can expect from us
- act ethically in building and maintaining Meetniq;
- tell you when our terms change; and
- vigorously resist all demands for information from authorities up until the point where we are compelled to comply with a lawful demand.
If you raise a concern with us we will:
- respond by email in a reasonable timeframe;
- examine our own conduct in good faith and with an openness to change; and
- aim to resolve issues fairly and with a commitment to social justice.
What we expect from you
We expect that you will:
- provide accurate and true information when signing up for a Meetniq account;
- do your best to use a strong password;
- keep your password secure and secret;
- ensure you have the right to collect and use any personal information, including sensitive information, that you add to Meetniq about any person; and
- abide by these terms.
We hope that you will:
- tell us when something about Meetniq isn't working by using our bug report and feature request forms; and
- raise any other concerns you have with us via email.
We expect that you will not:
- enter personal information, including sensitive information, about any person without their consent, unless you otherwise have the right to do so;
- enter medical information about any person, or personal or identifying information about children;
- use Meetniq to spam, harass, intimidate, stalk, bully, surveil or otherwise mistreat anybody;
- use Meetniq for an illegal purpose;
- sell access to Meetniq; or
- use Meetniq for anything other than it's intended purpose.
If you break these rules
If you break these rules we may:
- send you a warning;
- lock your account;
- delete your account (in serious cases); and/or
- block you and your organisation from using Meetniq and associated services in the future (in serious cases).
Accounts are paid for monthly, in advance.
We will automatically charge your credit card for your account each month.
If we try to charge your credit card and cannot, we will lock your account and notify you.
If your account payment becomes 60 days overdue, we will treat your account as abandoned.
We will delete abandoned accounts at our discretion.
Meetniq is an Australian organisation, and these terms are governed in all respects by the laws of Australia.
Any actions arising from them or in any way associated with Meetniq may be brought only in Australia.
The Meetniq service is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with Meetniq or the use or other dealings with Meetniq.
These terms are likely to change from time to time. We will email you when they do. You are responsible for making sure participants in your organisation are made aware of changes that affect them.
By continuing to use Meetniq after these terms change, you agree to the the newly-changed terms.
If you, your organisation, or any participants are covered by the European GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), then our Data Processing Addendum forms part of these terms.